Track & Field Training
Training for the GSV Track & Field Preliminaries is now in full swing.
- Training will usually be held after school on Mondays and Thursdays. We meet at the bus at 3:30pm. Training runs from 4:00pm – 5:30pm and then we bus back by 6:00pm.
- It is hoped that girls will be able to attend both training sessions per week but I know there will be clashes with a range of other school and outside school activities. Girls should try to get to as many sessions as they can. There are only 7 more training sessions until the GSV Prelims on August 16th.
- We are fortunate to have our same four coaches from last year:
Rupert Van Dongen Track
Tony Dell Throws and High Jump
Clodagh Grogan Horizontal Jumps
Matthew Nolan Sprints
- Training this term is at Lakeside Stadium. The first few sessions next term are at Sandringham Athletics Track including some inter-school ‘PB’ meets in the first 3 weeks of Term 3. After that all our training is at Lakeside Stadium.
- For each training session it is important that girls advise Mr Zwar by email that they will be attending so that adequate transport can be organised.
- The school team will be selected based on performances at the House Track & Field, attendance and performances at Training Sessions and performances at the PB Meets.
- For training girls must wear their school sports uniform. Spikes will be available for loan at each session. Girls should also bring a drink bottle.
- Training will be cancelled in wet weather. A cancellation will be posted on the Lauriston Team App.
For an outline of the Track & Field Season click here.
For a copy of the Parents’ Track & Field Training notice click here.